Petrobras Begins Halting Operations of 62 Platforms

April 16, 2020

Brazil's state-owned oil firm Petroleo Brasileiro SA said on Wednesday it had begun suspending operations of 62 shallow water platforms in the Campos, Sergipe, Potiguar and Ceara basins.

Petrobras, as the company is known, had previously announced the shutdowns, which amount to a production cut of 23,000 barrels of oil per day. 

Image Credit: Petrobras
Image Credit: Petrobras


(Reporting by Rodrigo Viga Gaier; writing by Jake Spring; editing by Chris Reese)

Related News

Pictures: The Moment Solong Hit Stena Immaculate Venture Global's Calcasieu Pass LNG Terminal Receives FERC Approval Mitsubishi May Consider Investing in Alaskan LNG, says CEO Global Trade War Worries Grow as Trump Unveils Sweeping Tariffs A.P. Møller Makes All-Cash Offer to Take Svitzer Private